Friday, October 14, 2011

Anwar al-Awlaki

When I first heard that Anwar al-Awlaki was killed by the drone, along with his propagandist Samir Khan I actually cheered the event and gave President Obama praise for it. The only thing I had a problem with was the news media and the progressives reaction to it. The same people, President Obama included, that crucified George W. Bush for Gitmo, harsh interrogation techniques, and the Jose Padilla case are now praising the assassinations of two American citizens. These are the same people that want to give terrorist caught in the act rights of an American citizen, yet do not afford them to these two gentleman.
As I said, at first I personally had no problem at all with the action, but as I thought longer about it I came to change my mind. I began to see if they are allowed to cross the line of the assassination of an American citizen that happens to be a terrorist without any push back, then what line will they cross next? Will it be the guy that they think may become a terrorist? Could it lead to you or me?

No comments: